Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Changes from His Light



If My people, who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV)

            With waving grass, my lawn resembled a prairie because of continuous rain. Patches of flowers thrived while others drooped from too much moisture. 

            Day after day, heavy clouds greeted me when I stepped onto the porch for my morning devotions. Rain peppered the lake. Birds hid with only occasional singing. The forecast predicted another week of rain.

            At dawn, I took my cup of tea to the patio and stared with surprise at the sky. Perhaps, I would finally see a slice of sunrise. But that didn’t happen. The sky lightened to a crystal blue with not even a tiny cloud. I kept staring at the wondrous heavens.

            Water burdened grass sparkled in the sunshine. Birds sang jubilant tunes. Fish rippled the lake. A lizard scampered up the screen. Even the weeds glistened. A joyous mood encompassed the lake and me. 

            After over a week of rain and clouds with more anticipated, the surprise visit by the sun caused celebration and a sense of appreciation. The entire view changed with the light. 

            If only, our divided, wayward country could experience the light of Jesus. But for too long, even a mention of his name has been banned from schools, meetings, businesses, and government offices. With the unthinkable events that have become commonplace, we need a transformation. Jesus can change lives. 

Heavenly Father, guide us as we follow you and lead others so that our country can return to the values and principles on which it was founded. Help us to love and build up each other. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment