Sunday, March 31, 2019

Winter to Spring



Tufts of green swaddled cypress trees by the lake. For months, only a few birds perched on naked limbs. Occasionally, a squirrel scampered to a nest at the top. 

            A couple of weeks ago, a hint of green appeared on brown branches. Each day, I observed the growth. Soft needles poked out in all directions. A halo of emerald began to fill in bare spots. Soon the needles will change the trees into a mass of spring green. Then wildlife will hide and be protected within the branches. The trees will offer shade and reflect their beauty on the lake. 

            What appeared dead during the winter, burst into life during spring. The transformation didn’t surprise me because I watch the cycle every year. Even though I prefer the beauty of spring, I have learned to appreciate the trees during each season. 

            In my own trials, I have learned that God is with me in every cycle of my life. Sadness and tears fade as He takes me to the next phase. Since He has been faithful in other circumstances, I can trust that He will continue to be with me. 

Have faith in Him in all circumstances, dear people. Open up your hearts to Him. The true God shelters us in His arms. ( Psalm 63:8 The Voice)

Creator, You are the God of the spring and of the winter. You are faithful to be with us in all of our seasons. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment