Monday, August 12, 2019

Behind the Scenes





Fog obscured the lake. Haze wrapped a veil across the trees and flowers nearby. My normally cheery view was subdued. Even the bees stayed away from my flowers. 

            During my early morning devotional time, I kept searching for the hidden lake. The somber mood gave me time to relax and pray for several friends who were facing difficulties. 

            After going inside for breakfast, unexpected treasures greeted me when I returned to my patio. The lake and far shore appeared within the mist. Bees buzzed around my flowers. 

            The most unusual treasures were along the shore in the cana lilies. At least twenty large spider webs stretched across the foliage. Intricate designs in a multitude of sizes and patterns decorated the plants along the lake by my home. 

            At night, the tiny artists created beguiling webs. Fog shrouded their work at dawn. Only when the mist lifted and the sun shone, could I see their work. 

            Often God surprises us by working in the background. We think He is doing nothing to help us. Then we are surprised by how He weaves the situations of our lives into a lovely treasure. 

You made me so happy, God. I saw your work and shouted for joy. How magnificent your work, God! How profound your thoughts! (Psalm 92: 4-5 The Message)

Creator, even when we can’t see it, You are carefully taking the pieces of our broken lives and weaving them into a masterpiece. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment