Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A Bright Spot in the Gloom


 

Heavy clouds cast a feeling of melancholy around the lake. It blocked sunlight, subdued colorful flowers, and darkened the lake. 

 

            But despite the dreariness, a trio of bees gathered in my orange and white flowers. Blooms dipped as tiny creatures clung to bell shaped flowers. 

 

            Only a few melodies drifted to my patio as most birds remained quiet in the dismal morning. 

 

            After days of rain and little sunshine, I certainly welcomed some brightness. Then he appeared. A bright figure darted from my oak tree to a nearby cypress. The scarlet cardinal provided a bright spot in the gloom. His color made me smile and reminded me that there are other bright spots. 

 

            With so much despair and horrible problems in our world, it is easy to become enmeshed in hopelessness. Knowing and trusting Jesus gives hope, peace and strength for our difficult times. 

 

            When we know Him, we can become bright spots to give hope and encouragement to those around us who worry and are fearful. 

 

Let not your heart be troubled. believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many]mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3 (ASV)

 

Loving Father, thank you for your promises. Help us trust and follow you so we can share your Word with a desperate world. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment