Thursday, September 9, 2021

God's Provision


 

“Therefore don’t be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ ‘What will we drink?’ or, ‘With what will we be clothed?’  For the Gentiles seek after all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.33 But seek first God’s Kingdom and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore don’t be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day’s own evil is sufficient. Matthew 6:31-34 (WEB)

 

 

Rumbles of thunder shattered the morning silence. Clouds darkened and blocked the blue sky. Hidden crows screeched at the interruption. Songbirds remained silent. 

Bumblebees visited orange flowers but no other wildlife appeared. 

 

            Rumbling grew to more frequent loud thunder. Wind rustled trees across the lake and then swept closer and closer. Rain followed the gales. Sheets of water streaked across the lake to my yard. 

 

            Cypress trees shook limbs heavy with moisture. My oak tree’s branches quivered in the storm. Flowers jiggled with raindrops. 

 

            Like a giant watering can, refreshing water poured onto grass, flowers, and trees. The lake level rose to normal. 

 

            With wonder I watched the effects of the storm on creation around me and marveled at God’s provision. 

 

            Media reports beg us to become embroiled in dissention with one catastrophe after another which causes anxiety, fear, anger and depression. 

 

            However, when I embrace the beauty of nature in my time with God each morning, I can forget covid, bombings, wars, protests, and natural disasters for a while. His provision for creation reminds me that He also cares for His people. That assurance helps me face daily trials.

 

Loving Father, when I see your provision for birds, bees, trees and flowers, I remember that you care for us even more. Thank you. Amen

 

            

No comments:

Post a Comment