Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A New Tattoo

“If you buy a Kia, you get a free tattoo,” Alan announced.
“What? That's strange,” I said.
“That's what they said,” he replied.
The peculiar promotion rivaled a recent one we saw at a Sanford truck dealership. They were giving away an AK-47 with each purchase. The world has become strange but a free tattoo?
“Can you replay that?” I asked.
With the wonders of modern technology, he was able to start at the beginning of the commercial. We both listened.
A booming voice announced the wonderful deal. “If you come in now, you receive a new I Pad.”
I collapsed into a chair. A duet of laughs filled the room. Each time our eyes met, we began snickering again.
A sheepish Alan said, “I guess I didn’t hear it right.”
“That wasn’t even close. Tattoo--I Pad.”
Life with Alan is full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment