Thursday, January 26, 2017

Peeking Through the Clouds



 And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19American Standard Version)

            A pink backdrop gleamed through the tall pines beyond the lake. But overhead, dark angry clouds rushed across the sky. Bits of rose and azure peeked through slits in the charcoal blanket. The quickly changing dawn sky captivated me.

            Ripples slid over the dark lake. Skeleton cypress trees formed silhouettes in the dimness. A flock of tiny birds jumped from limb to limb. Specks of color broke the dreariness and predicted a more colorful day. Finally, a gorgeous sunrise split the gloom and offered hope.

            Even in our downtrodden world of distressing events, we can see traces of hope. The sunrise inspired me to reach out to offer encouragement. I can’t change everyone’s situation but a visit, call, or email can lift spirits, ease loneliness, or give peace in the storm.


            “I can ask God to intercede and do what I can’t do. Protect, bless, and provide for those I love.” David Jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment