Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Royal Visitor





Clothed in a brilliant blue robe and topped with a sparkling crown, he
strutted by. His colorful train swept along with each practiced step. Alan
and I watched in awe.


Ignoring us, he stopped at the edge of our patio, turned, and continued
his parade. Admiring his beauty, we followed. The exquisite peacock
commanded our attention.


Never had we seen that type of bird in our yard. *Where had he come from?
Was he alone? Would he stay? *In the fading light, we walked, watched, and
took pictures of the splendid creature.


His trek took him to our neighbor’s lawn and back to ours. He detoured to
our feeder where lowly ducks circled. With his entrance, they quickly
departed. He nibbled at the fallen seeds. Then he silently marched away.


For a few minutes, our private presentation displayed one of God’s
magnificent creations. The perfect designs, form and colors seemed like
royalty. Next to the ordinary ducks, he appeared out of place.


However, God created each one for a specific purpose. As much as I loved
watching the peacock, I cherish the daily duck shows too.


Though certainly not flashy or royal like the peacock, I can swim along
like my ducks performing daily tasks and trying to follow God’s plan for me
not someone else’s.


*Philippians 4: 11-13 “... I have learned to be content whatever the
circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to
have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every
situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” NIV*

**

*Creator, thank you for what you have given me and done for me. Help me to
know your plan and to make me content with it. Amen*

No comments:

Post a Comment