Monday, June 10, 2013

The Rains Will Stop




Rain and more rain. The water barrel overflowed. The lake devoured more of the shoreline. Trees and flowers along the bank waded in the dark water. Pine boughs sagged. Sheets of rain rippled the lake, and bubbles danced on the surface. After days of intermittent rain, a tropical storm off shore brought even more.

For the last few months, drought lead to forest fires. Rain brought relief. Unfortunately, it didn’t stop on command. A sinkhole formed. Flooding caused damage. Day after day it continued.

Even the ducks hid from the onslaught. In complete solitude, I studied the lake. Watching the rain, brought to mind the flood of trials in my life the last several months. 

Clouds concealed the blue sky. Yet, I knew the sun was still there. I also knew that eventually, the rain would stop because it always has. Sunshine would return.

In the same way, through difficult circumstances, I know God is still there even when I don’t see Him. The trials will lessen because they always have. God will strengthen me because He always has. He is in charge and not me.

Joshua 1:9 This is my command; be strong and courageous. Never be afraid or discouraged because I am your God, the Eternal One, and I will remain with you wherever you go. (The Voice)

Heavenly Father, thank you for being with me in all circumstances. Help me to remember that you are near even when I don’t notice you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment