Sunday, January 19, 2014

Astonishing Gifts



“I want to get you some flowers,” Alan said. “I would like to keep fresh flowers in the house.”

None at the grocery store satisfied us. He wanted to find a florist but time ran out. 

The day he left for heaven a friend surprised me with delicate, pink tulips. 

Before dawn two days later, I opened the door to get the newspaper.  The porch light spotlighted three, lovely white roses. In amazement, I searched for a card. There was none. With tears streaming down my face, I lovingly placed the vase on our counter. I still don’t know who set them by the door. It doesn’t matter. Someone was led to comfort me with flowers. They didn’t know Alan’s plan, but God did.

The following day another package arrived. Inside were a dozen beautiful, white roses from Joe and Robert. More flowers for me just as Alan desired.

Even though Alan was gone, God carried out his wishes through other people. What a comfort and blessing. Through my grief and tears, He has been providing for me and will continue. What an awesome God.

Most of all, friends, always rejoice in the Lord! I never tire of saying it: Rejoice! Keep your gentle nature so that all people will know what it looks like to walk in His footsteps. The Lord is ever present with us. Don’t be anxious about things; instead, pray. Pray about everything. He longs to hear your requests, so talk to God about your needs and and be thankful for what has come. And know that the peace of God (a peace that is beyond any and all of our human understanding) will stand watch over your hearts and minds in Jesus, the Anointed One. Philippians 4: 4-7 (The Voice) 

Heavenly Father, thank you for meeting my needs in unexpected ways. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment