Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thank You



The fog continues but patches of sunshine break through with each prayer, card, hug, card, email, call, visit, story, flower, presence at Alan’s service... My heart fills with thankfulness for each one. However, a simple thank you doesn’t express how much I have been uplifted, encouraged, and loved by hundreds of family members and friends. 

I constantly think of the love and support you have shown. God’s love shines and Alan rejoices. 

His service truly was a celebration which continues in my life and hopefully, in yours too. I prayed, along with others, that I would remain strong for Alan’s send off party, and God answered those prayers.

Even in my tears, I feel blessed and so thankful for the time we shared. During eight and a half years of marriage and almost seven years of dating ( I guess Alan wanted to be sure we were compatible), we crammed a lifetime of living. Wonderful memories comfort me and challenge me to continue living.


Gradually, I am working to extend personal thanks, but for now, accept this message as I send my love and Alan’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment