Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hold on Tightly


Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all He has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. 
Psalm 145:13-14 NIV

Gusts shook the four cypress trees. Not one leaf adorned the branches. Gray clouds stormed across the threatening sky. Wind whistled around the corner of my patio. Ripples swept from one shore to the other. 

Only one duck braved the erratic wind. Tiny songbirds perched in the swaying trees. Despite their smallness and the continuing blasts, their teeny legs held tightly. None of them stumbled or fell. They had been created to hold on even in the turbulence. 

Sometimes I feel like those little birds holding on desperately while being blown and battered. I grab onto my Bible and read stories of people like David, Joseph, and Paul.  I receive strength, hope and encouragement from their lives because God held them securely when life beat them up. 

Just as He protected them in difficult times, his love and faithfulness will comfort and protect me too.


Heavenly Father, thank you for holding me tightly even when stormy situations batter me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment