Sunday, October 5, 2014

Message from a Spider Web


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 4-5 NIV

I have told you these things so that you will be whole and at peace. In this world, you will be plagued with times of trouble, but you need not fear; I have triumphed over this corrupt world order. John 16: 33 The Voice

Sunlight glistened on long, thin strands stretched from the roof to small bushes. A spider moved about her two foot web. Carefully crafted designs circled an intricate center. 

Gentle breezes swung the web, but she continued adding to her silky maze. Then, like a magician, she removed a large wedge with no evidence of the threads.

With her work done, she crawled to the center. All day I checked on her. She didn’t move.

The following morning she was in the same position. More holes distorted her creation. With the web disintegrating around her, she stayed immobilized in the middle.

On the fourth day, she was gone. So was most of her beautiful web. Tattered remnants waved dejectedly. I stared at the distorted mess. 

Some days my life felt like the forlorn web. Parts ripped out. Too many losses. A sticky jumble of a once happy, fulfilling life. 

Surprisingly, attached to the jumbled remains, sturdy strands gleamed. Even though most of the web had been destroyed, the anchors held firmly. The web couldn’t fall because of the long strings.

Through all of the pain and grief, God holds onto me. He has never let go even when I was battered with my life falling apart. 

With painstaking care, God will heal me. He will repair and create a different design from the shreds of my former life.

Heavenly Father, take the hurt and make something new. Help me to use the pain to comfort others. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment