Thursday, October 30, 2014

Returning Home


                                        What stories the 2,000 year old steps could tell of travelers on many journeys.

...Your ways and Your voice now guide my journey. I will press on-moving steadfastly forward along Your path. I will not look back. I will not stumble. Psalm 17: 4-5 The Voice

Since returning home  from my trip following the journeys of Paul, I have thought of the impact it had on me. Jet lag tiredness and fogginess finally drifted away so I could  process and write about the effects. 

It is difficult knowing where to start. Do I write in sequence or the parts that affected me deeply? Do I state the facts about the sites or emotions that overwhelmed me? 

Along with the fantastic experiences, there were times of anxiety because of health issues and periods of grief. Members of our group loved, supported, and lifted me up. Though difficult at times, the trip helped me travel further on my grief journey.

Each time a problem occurred, I missed Alan terribly. He had been the one who took charge and protected me. Often with tears, I trudged on and thought of what he would have done. 

My roommate Susie and I faced our recent widowhood together and remembered our trip to Israel in 2009 with our husbands. We spent hours remembering, grieving, laughing and healing. 

Some places and situations brought instant tears. Others brought giggles. Along with fellow travelers, we benefited from hundreds of prayers. Thank you for every prayer for our group. We felt them.


Heavenly Father, thank you for the marvelous trip and how it touched me. As I journeyed to the Holy Land, I learned more about you and your people. Thank you for the old friends and the new ones. You are an awesome God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment