Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Glorious New Day



For you will go out in joy, be led home in peace. And as you go the land itself will break out in cheer. The mountains and the hills will erupt in song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12 The Voice


An Artist’s canvas of pink and blue stretched above the lake. God’s artistry transformed the darkness into a magnificent masterpiece. Dawn wiped away yesterday’s sadness and tears and revealed a bright, new day.

After a week of special times with friends, the loneliness seemed more intense when everyone left. Silence replaced laughter and conversations Tears flowed. Grief overtook me. 

At the clubhouse, singing practice and line dancing class stifled the grief for a while. Talking with new friends helped. But back at home, tears returned.

Later in the evening my phone rang. “I was thinking of you and wondering how you were doing,” a friend said.

Tears choked me. I explained my recent sadness. Her kind words comforted me. Just like my beautiful sunrise, God provided a phone call when I really needed it.

She listened to the Holy Spirit’s nudge to call me. Since our friendship has mostly consisted of emails, the call more special and unusual. 

After a good night’s rest, comforting emails, phone calls, and time with my granddaughters, intense grief retreated for a time.


Heavenly Father, thank you for constantly providing for me through your children. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment