Monday, April 27, 2015

The Stalker



Grief, like a stalker, followed me.

Eyed me from the shadows.

When life seemed more normal,

He snatched my happiness.

Gloated at returning sadness.

I tried to ignore him

Push him away.

He lingered.

Laughed while I cried.

Pulled me down.

Reminded me of my losses.

Recent deaths magnified memories of previous deaths.

Tears flowed for new survivors.

Their grief blended with my own.

I knew the journey they faced.

At dawn, light pushed grief back.

His presence wasn’t as fierce.

His mocking not as loud.

God’s Word brought encouragement and strength.

He didn’t remove the grief

But erased some of its sting.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 NIV





No comments:

Post a Comment