Monday, March 19, 2018

Christmas at Easter?



We are confident that God is able to orchestrate everything to work toward something good and beautiful when we love Him and accept His invitation to live according to His plan. (Romans 8:28 The Voice)

            Pink, purple, white, and yellow blooms adorned my yard. After the dreariness of winter, their presence signaled the arrival of spring.

            As I washed layers of yellow pollen off plant leaves on my patio, a surprise greeted me. For two years, my Christmas cacti remained flowerless. But as I washed off pollen, pink blooms peered out all over both plants. Their timing baffled but thrilled me.

            Why had they not bloomed in December? Why did they both decide to burst forth at the same time? Why now?

            Just outside my patio door, Easter lilies, plump with expectation, were ready to pop open with white blossoms. All of the plants should be open my Easter. What a blessing to have Easter lilies and Christmas cacti flowering at the same time to celebrate Jesus’ birth and resurrection.

            The unusual occurrence reminded me that our lives don’t follow a predictable path either. We plan and think we know how things should turn out. Then we are shocked at the altered journey.

            Only God knows the path He has planned for us and how each situation will be used. As Christians, we know that God uses all things for our good when we call on Him.

            I almost got rid of my bloomless Christmas cacti but what a blessing I would have missed. Be patient and wait on God.


Heavenly Father, thank you for the surprises in our lives. Help us to be patient for what you have planned. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment