Monday, November 21, 2011

Why Worry?

Anticipation. Glimpses of fear. Excitement. Complications.

Throw away the contacts and have nearly perfect eyesight. The rewards outweighed the risks. Fear was put aside, and I put my eyes in the hands of a master. His training and experience gave me confidence in the outcome.

Likewise, I have put my life into the hands of the ultimate Master. Unfortunately, fear of the unknown sometimes causes worry and trepidation. When I know and trust Him, fear should cease.

Only He knows the final result. Imagination writes all sorts of unpleasant endings. Worry and dread intensify pain and hide joyful opportunities but don’t change outcomes. They only make the journey more unpleasant and complicated.

Philippians 4: 6-7 “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” (MSG)

Heavenly Father, as I go through the day, help me to pray and rely on your care. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment