Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another Emily Moment



The squeegee skimmed the tall, outside window. Back and forth it went. Face to face with Alan, Ashlyn and Emily crept close to the inside glass as he washed the huge sliding glass doors They all laughed.
When he came in the house, he began singing one of his creations. The girls giggle because they can never figure out his songs.
He walked through the kitchen to turn on the air conditioner. When he left the room, Emily leaned close to me. With a smile she said, “You’re lucky to have him.”
“Yes, I am,” I replied.
Then she hurried off to play.
I don’t know what triggered her remark--the window washing, singing, or turning on the AC. I didn’t ask. Whatever is was, she was right.
Her words reminded me of the blessing in my home. How easy it is to miss the ones that are right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment