Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Winter Will End



The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy and with my song, I praise him. Psalm 28:7 NIV

Bare limbs pointed upward into the pink tinged dawn sky. Tiny birds flitted from branch to branch. Dim light concealed their coloring. Small flocks gathered and then flew from one cypress tree to another. Bird songs added to the serenity. 

Movement across the lake caught my attention. Almost camouflaged, a deer tiptoed along the shore and disappeared into the woods. 

Bellowing male turkeys broke the silence but never came into sight. 

Raindrops soundlessly peppered the lake. Brown, freeze damaged grass soaked up the welcomed water. 

Small patches of sunlight pierced the clouds. Even in the dreariness of the morning, there was a sense of peace and beauty.

Cheerful birds greeted the dawn with songs. Tiny bits of green grass poked through the brown lawn. A deer and flocks of birds visited. The rain ceased and the sun rose to brighten the day. 

This dark season of winter will end and brilliant spring will return. Likewise, even in the dark times, there is a sense of hope and joy for the future. 

Father, thank you for glimpses of You even in our dark seasons. Show us joy and peace. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment