Friday, April 1, 2022

Cloudy Eyes


 

So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here! 

2 Corinthians 5:16-17 (NIV)

A wall of fog concealed the lake. Bit by bit, grayness dispersed to reveal the near-by shoreline.  However, a veil of haze produced a fuzzy view of the lake.

            Before eye surgery, cloudy lenses distorted my eyesight. Because cataracts developed over time, I had no idea my contorted vision wasn’t trustworthy. 

            When I had to constantly wear reading glasses and distance views were blurry, I knew I had a problem. An eye exam confirmed cataracts needed to be removed. 

            After my first surgery, the bathroom light glowed like a beacon.  Kitchen lights blazed with a new intensity. 

            With my corrected eye, white shirts glistened. The same shirt with my other eye appeared as a dull beige. I opened and closed one eye at a time to experience the contrast in colors and brilliance. 

            For a few years, cloudiness affected my vision without me realizing it. Only after the removal of the imperfections did I truly understand defects I had lived with. 

            Each person sees the world through a different lens which may be distorted because of life situations. We may not realize our perspective is clouded until the imperfections are removed. 

            But in Jesus, we are new creations with the veil removed. 

Father, thank you for giving us new life and helping us see life through Your eyes. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment