Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Then Came the Light




Blackness surrounded me when I stepped onto the patio. An overhead light illuminated my books. While I read Bible passages and my devotionals, light edged into the darkness. 

Birds woke and warbled. Their melodies circled the lake and provided background music for my meditations.

I read about God providing for the Israelites during their forty year trek in the wilderness. He gave them food, water, and clothes that didn’t wear out.  He protected them from their enemies. 

While I read, God brought light into my world. I did nothing to increase its intensity or to hasten its brilliance. Producing daylight wasn’t on my to do list but entered my world on its own timetable. 

Just as God controls night and day, He controls situations in my life too. Each day I feel inadequate to accomplish all of the tasks on my to do list. There is not enough time, energy, or expertise to make it on my own.

The perfectly orchestrated sunrise reminded me of countless instances when God provided for me--often in completely unexpected ways. I worry. He acts. Instead of focusing on my problems, when I focus on Him, the journey becomes manageable.

Numbers 11:23 Do you doubt me? Do you question my power that I can do what I said? Just watch-you’ll see what will happen. (The Voice)

John 14: 27 My peace is the legacy I leave to you. I don’t give gifts like those of this world. Do not let your heart be troubled or fearful. (The Voice)

Dear Lord, thank you for constantly taking care of me and providing what I need. Amen

Mother is feeling much better than she was over the weekend. Dad is continuing his therapy and has returned to the computer. They enjoy being in a house instead of crammed into one room. Yesterday after I took them to the doctor, we enjoyed a stop at Dairy Queen for Blizzards.

Being in Ken and Kim’s home and spending time with family has made life easier for them. They enjoy having tasty food again after bland, rehab meals. 

Thank you for all of the prayers. More are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment