Thursday, April 24, 2014

Good Friday???



Philippians 4: 19-20  Know this: my God will also fill every need you have according to His glorious riches in Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King. So may our God and Father be glorified forever and ever. Amen  (The Voice)

As a child, Good Friday puzzled me. Why was it called “good” when Jesus died? Over time, I learned He had to die to be resurrected. He paid for our sins on the cross and then rose to go to heaven.

How could mother’s death on Good Friday be good? I missed her terribly. No longer could we chat or eat her delicious foods. A lifetime of memories jammed my mind. Selfishly I clung to her as I remembered when she lived vibrantly. 

Reality reminded me that her normal life ended years ago. Disease robbed her of strength and energy. Gradually, she declined and was forced to give up favorite activities. For over a year, she lived in other people’s rooms and slept in unfamiliar beds. She longed for her past life at home with my dad.

We faced a new normal. Not of our choosing. 

After her passing on Good Friday, I looked to Easter. A glorious time with a new body and new home for her. 

My new normal continues to evolve. Three important people have been removed this year. I loved my old life with Alan, mom, and dad but know I have to push toward the future. I am so thankful to be loved and cared for by family and friends. Each one helps heal my heart.


Father, thank you for your plan even when it doesn’t make sense to me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment