Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day-Minus a Mother



Buy jewelry.
Take her out to lunch.
Surprise her with a vacation.

For weeks the media bombarded me to make Mother feel special on May 11. What was I supposed to do when she was no longer with me? 

Three weeks ago she joined my dad in heaven. She gained a new body free of pain and suffering. That gift was better than flowers or a new dress.

However, I wanted to celebrate another Mother’s Day with her. Talk. Laugh. Hold her hand. Give her a kiss and tell her how much I love her. 

Instead, I will celebrate her life and remember the good times. Her life demonstrated faith, love, and kindness. I watched what she did and knew she loved Jesus and those around her. She didn’t need accolades but quietly went about serving. 


If your mom is gone, remember her life. If she is still here, celebrate with her. Let her know you love her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment