Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Amazing Visit



Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5 NIV

“Grandma, look!” Emily exclaimed.

Ashlyn, Emily, Molly, and I stopped eating breakfast. We peered at the girls’ waning butterfly garden just outside the window.

A dazzling male cardinal perched on a slender milkweed stem hardly strong enough to support him. He swayed. We marveled at the first ever visit there by a cardinal. 

As we stared at the scarlet bird, his golden mate joined him in the garden. 

Excited comments came from three thrilled granddaughters. They jumped up and hurried to the window. 

“Look at the cardinal.”

“We’ve never had them in the garden.”

“The female came too.”

While we stared, the couple flew to the wooden fence nearby. With a flap of their wings, they disappeared.
The timing of the unusual visit warmed my heart and comforted me. That day marked the first anniversary of Alan’s death. A day I anticipated to be difficult and sad.  

For me, the sudden, brief visit brought a message and reminded me that Alan loved me and knew I would be taken care of. 

Throughout the year since Alan’s death, God has provided for me in unexpected and comforting ways. The cardinal couriers delivered a message I needed that morning. 

With a grateful heart, I made it through the day because of the love and support of family and friends. Including my feathered ones. 

Yahweh Yireh, who provides for my needs, thank you for continually surprising me with your blessings. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment