Monday, November 30, 2015

Following the Path



“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”
(Psalm 143: 8, 10 NIV)
            Orange light peeked through the trees and lit up the milky, blue sky. Like a long tail, the small duck’s wake followed him across the dark, still lake.
            His little waves changed the water and kept moving and moving. He didn’t go in circles, zigzag or look backwards. With perseverance and determination, he focused on his forward course.
            At times I feel like I am going in circles and jumping from one activity to another. I wonder if I am even making a difference in the world.
            The little duck reminded me to focus on God’s plan for me and not look back at what used to be. If I continue with perseverance and determination, He will send my ripples in the perfect direction.

Heavenly Father, thank you for using your creatures to teach me. Lead me in the way you want me to go. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment