Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wrong Word but Powerful Message




“These ice packs sure are condescending,” Alan said from the kitchen.

I looked up as he placed the packs on the counter. Confused by his words, I asked, “What did you say?”

“These ice packs are condescending. There’s water all over them.”

Unable to stifle my laughter, I answered between snickers. “You mean condensation. Condescending means looking down at someone.”

He nodded and giggled after hearing my definitions. Then he joined me in my hearty laughter.

How I love our times of laughing. We both provide plenty of situations that bring humor to our lives. Chuckling together brings happiness but laughing at someone is condescending. 

Alan still needs prayers as we wait for final approval for the study for his pulmonary fibrosis. The company approved him after the multiple tests but paperwork is not complete from many people. The first infusion is now set for October 25. We will rejoice when the needle goes into his arm that day, and the medication begins flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment