Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful for the Visit




“Could we stop over for a visit today?” the email asked.

After talking with Alan, I answered the friend we had met while on a tour of Egypt and Jordan a few years ago. They had traveled from their home in California to see relatives who lived near us.

A little while later, two couples arrived. Our friends introduced us to their relatives. We settled onto the patio and talked like old friends. 

After a while, they asked about Alan’s lung disease. He explained the symptoms and advancing progression. He also told them that he might or might not be healed and knew it was all in God’s hands. 

“May we pray for you?” 

“Of course.”

Our friend said, “I felt God leading us to come and pray for you.”

As we all held hands and stood, they prayed. First for Alan and then for me. What a blessing.

They didn’t know if we would be receptive but came because God wanted them to do it. Their prayers were heartfelt and lifted us up.  Their obedience encouraged and blessed us. 

Each time I think of them, I hope that I will be as receptive when God leads me. How thankful I am to have friends who love God and display their faith.

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
Ephesians 1:15-16

Dear Father, thank you for your servants. Help me to willingly follow your plans. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment