Thursday, December 6, 2012

Serenity in the Midst of Storms


         Like a gigantic painting, the peaceful lake scene held me captive. Dawn revealed dark trees and  a pale mirrored lake. Only a few ripples marred the surface.

After a stressful two weeks of uncertainty, fear, sadness, and decisions, returning to my retreat offered tranquility. 

After two weeks in the hospital, with one week of grave condition in ICU, my mom is improving each day. Though still weak, she is gaining strength and eating on her own. Tomorrow she is to move to a rehab center for more therapy. The plan is for her to be home by Christmas. Last week, that would have been an absurd dream.

Thankfully, my dad doesn’t have pneumonia but bronchitis with a bad cough. The doctor said that could continue for three weeks. His devotion to my mom takes him to the hospital several times each day so he hasn’t had much time to rest. A mask has become part of his outfit when he visits her.

The serenity of the lake this morning reminded me that God provides peace and comfort in the midst of stressful circumstances. I have been held up by family and friends who have acted as His hands and feet. What a blessing.

2 Thessalonians 3: 16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. (NKJV)

Heavenly Father, thank you for holding me in your arms. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment