Sunday, September 23, 2018

Surprise Grandeur



And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 NIV)

            As the sky lightened, ebony gave way to dusty blue in tiny bursts. Shadowy trees materialized around the lake. 

            With the dawn, birds awoke and joined into a chorus of songs. Their chirping rose louder and louder with the light. 

            A bit of pink glowed behind a lofty pine tree. Then an explosion of coral infused the eastern sky. Flashes of pink tinged scattered clouds in the south. No word could describe the breathtaking display. 

            I simply sat and stared. The morning gift astounded me. The loveliness and surprise grandeur provided a sense of awe and peacefulness.

            Too soon, deep pink faded to pale rose and finally to off white. But with the color changes, a collection of clouds swept over the blue sky. Fluffy. Small. Large. Filmy. Endless. A vast expanse of heavenly beauty with no discernable movement captured my attention.

            The tranquility and wonder of the dawn exhibition reminded me of God’s work in my life. He often surprises me with more than I ever expected. He brings change which I only notice when I look back. I need to remember what He has done for me in the past and take time to enjoy what has been given to me each day. 

Creator, thank you for the amazing displays of your creation. Help me to notice and appreciate all that you do for me. Amen

            

No comments:

Post a Comment