Monday, June 12, 2023

Fleeting Spendors


Splashes of pink dotted the dim, dawn sky. The incredible beauty touched my grieving heart. 

            While I concentrated on my writing, the morning sky changed. Pale blue replaced the mauve. The magnificence of the dawn sky remained only in my mind.

            The previous evening I watched the sky dim and darken as a mass of pink tinged the blue-gray billows which swept from west to east. At first glance, the clouds appeared to be motionless. But while I stared at the clouds, they shifted. Little by little the scene changed as huge clouds moved on. Darkness overcame the light.

            In both cases, the splendor of the sky filled my heart and mind but the display quickly faded away. 

            While I watched the brief sunrise, I wondered if my daughter Susie was watching the sunrise from heaven. Was her new home so indescribably magnificent that she wouldn’t notice our tiny slice of beauty? 

             Life is like the fleeting sunrise and sunset. Brilliant for a time and then gone. Each day we should strive to make a difference in some way. Even lovingly performed simple deeds can change lives, offer comfort and encourage others. 

            When we accept Jesus, follow His teachings and become more like Him, we will leave a legacy here and then be with Him in heaven. 

“Eternal One, let me understand my end and how brief my earthly existence is; help me realize my life is fleeting. You have determined the length of my days and my life is nothing compared to You. Even the longest life is only a breath.”In truth, each of us journeys through life like a shadow. We busy ourselves accomplishing nothing, piling up assets we can never keep. We can’t even know who will end up with those things.

Psalm 39:4-6 (The Voice)

 

Heavenly Creator, the splendor of creation thrills us and leads us to You. Help us to follow Jesus here on earth so we can leave a lasting legacy and be with You in heaven. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment