Thursday, August 23, 2012

God's Answer




For years I prayed for the right wife for my son Chris. Bring someone who is a Christian and is good with money. Then I waited.

His life took him from high school, into the US Navy, and back home for college. He began attending Northland and continued his work with Young Life. Along the way, he met a young lady.

I heard about Anne. Finally, I met the mysterious girl. Her name came up more and more in conversation. Then she started coming to our home.

They both went to church, and she had a job while in school. At first, I didn’t think about my two prayer requests, but  Anne did fit.

After dating for a while, one night Chris and Anne came in the door, and he announced, “We’re engaged!!” I was thrilled with his choice.

Her progression from college student, to teacher, wife, and mother has been a beautiful transition. In each role, she shows compassion and love. That also extends to her extended family and friends. 

Chris and Anne are devoted to God and share their faith with others. They strive to spend money wisely and are generous in giving to God too. 

Though my list of requirements was short, God added many more important qualities. Her dedication and devotion to her family and friends is remarkable. She takes care of others and is constantly thinking of ways to help. She has to be reminded to do things for herself.

Even though I was beyond the child bearing years, God gave me a special daughter-in-love. 

Happy birthday, Anne. I pray that you continue to bless others and are blessed by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment