Sunday, September 2, 2012

Uplifted Arms



Toddlers jumped and danced awkwardly to kiddie music. Tiny hands and feet mimicked the young librarian with hand gestures and dance steps. Happy songs and rhymes delighted eager children while adults sat on the fringes of the carpet. 

Immersed in the story, little eyes focused on the farm animal puppets. Only one curious girl ventured toward the stage. Others sat until the story ended.

“Let’s get up,” the leader requested.
Music began again. Bodies hopped and turned. Molly tumbled. Tears trickled across her crinkled face. I jumped up. She hurried to me with her arms reaching high. I scooped her up. After one hug, she scrambled back to her spot.

Though not hurt, the unexpected fall startled her. She needed to know I was 
there. After a comforting hug, she resumed her play.

Life gets hard. Disappointments. Delays. Rejections. Losses. God is nearby. Reach up and grab a hug. His comfort and encouragement provide courage to go on.

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41: 10

Heavenly Father, thank you for being there with a hug when I stumble and need comfort. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment