Wednesday, May 22, 2013

An Amazing Performance




From my front row seat, I marveled at the show before me. With a background of forest and the calm lake as center stage, God revealed his magnificent performance. 

I sat quietly and watched. Quacking ducks skimmed the breeze wrinkled lake. Like arrows cardinals swooped from shore to shore. Frisky squirrels circled stately trunks and nimbly scurried to the tree tops. 

A duo of yellow bellied sapsuckers gripped a pine tree. A great white egret flew just above the water. 

Two brown lizards scooted around a pine trunk. Tiny breezes rustled leaves and waved Spanish moss scarves. Ensembles of birds provided soothing music. 

Patches of white, purple, lavender, orange, and yellow flowers added color to hues of green.

Each scene of the extravaganza filled me with peace and hope. In the serenity of the morning, I relaxed. Tension and worries floated away.

Each creature in the play performed with confidence. Every plant added details. God carefully orchestrated each part of His creation. Scenes change from dawn to dusk. Seasons modify the theme. Storms and droughts alter the outcomes.

Just as my lake vista constantly changes so does life. I am reminded that no matter what happens, God is there--directing and producing. Even when I don’t like the new acts or understand the character replacements, He knows the final scene.

Two weeks ago today, my dad passed from this stage to a heavenly one. Even though my play lost a main character, the memories remain. There is no replacement but other players help to fill the void. 

Thank you for all of your cards, prayers, calls, visits, emails, flowers, donations, and words of comfort. My family has been supported by loving, kind family and friends. We know that God’s love has flowed through all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment