Saturday, May 11, 2013

Yesterday It Changed




I have watched friends and relatives lose parents and felt blessed to still have mine. Yesterday morning, that all changed. Dad passed away peacefully.

In spite of the recent difficult circumstances, there have been many blessings. Mother and Joe were by his side when he passed away. Ken and Kim opened their home to my parents so they could be with family. Twenty-four hour caregivers have met their needs in a kind and compassionate manner. Hospice staff provided support and allowed him to die with dignity. Family ties have grown stronger. Extended family and friends have offered encouragement and comfort. 

Memories flood my mind as tears continue to trickle. Smiles come as I peruse pictures for the service and remember happier times. There is also joy as I think of him easily racing around in heaven with no pain or weakness.

But we are citizens of heaven, exiles on earth waiting eagerly for a Liberator, our Lord Jesus the Anointed, to come and transform these humble earthly bodies into the form of His glorious body by the same power that brings all things under His control. Philippians 3:20-21 (The Voice)

Emily’s prayer. “Oh, Father, I am very sad. My grandfather has died and he was kind. I miss him. Please help me, Lord. Amen

What a sweet, heartfelt prayer from my granddaughter. She said it so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment