Saturday, May 18, 2013

Multiple Losses




May 18, 2012  Alan’s daughter Stephanie passed away.
  May 8, 2013  My dad passed away.

Almost eight years ago, they were both at our wedding. What a joyous occasion. We celebrated with family members from several states. It was a time to be happy. 

In spite of the happiness, there was sadness that Uncle Bill had recently passed away. Four more smiling faces in our wedding pictures are now gone. Aunt Betty, Uncle Jim, Stephanie, and my dad have all left us to join Jesus.  

The last year has been difficult with the deaths and illnesses of many family members. However, we have wonderful memories of them and know that this in not our home.

John 14:1-6 Don’t get lost in despair; believe in God and keep on believing in Me. My Father’s home is designed to accommodate all of you. If there were not room for everyone, I would have told you that. I am going to make  arrangements for your arrival. I will be there to greet you personally and welcome you home where we will be together.  You know where I am going and how to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment