Thursday, November 23, 2023

More Thanksgiving Lists


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

Another Thanksgiving has arrived which encourages us to remember what God has done for us. For many, the past year brought pain and suffering. But even in our hard times, we can find much in which to be thankful. 

            I challenge you again to join me in writing an alphabet of blessings. I could make a list of people but decided to not add names this time. 

            For my initial list, I wrote the first thing that came to mind which is why some seem rather strange. For the second list, I thought longer and added multiple words for each letter. 

A-apples,  B-bike,  C-chocolate,  D-daisies,  E-eggs,  F-fruit,  G-garage,  H-home,  I-ice,  

J-jacket,  K-kitchen,  L-laundry, M-money,  N-night,  O-orange,  P-peas  Q-quiet,  R-rest, 

S-steam,  T-turkey,  U-underwear,  V-violin,  W-washing machine  X-x-ray,  Y-yellow,  Z-zoo

More thoughtful list. 

A-ambulances, airplanes, B-Bible, birds, butterflies, books, C-church, cars, chairs,  

D-doctors, dentists,  E-envelopes, earrings,  F-flowers, fish,  G-grandparents, glasses, gasoline

H-heaven, hope,  I-ice cream, I-pad,  J-joy, jobs  K-kindergartens, keyboard, L-learning, 

M-medications, music, maps  N-nurses, neighbors,  O-oceans, octogenarians, (some of my friends and me before long),  P-pastors, peace, pens  Q-quiet, quilts,  R-radios, rain, roads,  

S-ships, schools,  T-trees, tea,  U-United States, umbrellas, V-Vee Gees (the singing group I am part of), vacations, W-water, weddings,  X-x-ray, xylophone,  Y-yarn, youth, Z- zinc, Zoom

            As I wrote down the words, thankfulness overflowed. I realized I can never list all of the things God has done for me. Make your own lists and share with me. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in whatever way you celebrate this year.  

Loving Father, thank you for all that You have done for us. Help us to appreciate what we have and how you are molding us to be more like You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment