Monday, November 4, 2013

The Gifts



A sky of dusty pink emerged from the blackness of night. Breaks in the heavy clouds revealed strips of blue patterned with the pink. A silhouetted forest stood silently at attention waiting for the grand entrance of the sun. 

During the past year, endless trials--mother’s illnesses, dad’s illnesses and death, Alan’s progressing lung disease, moving...--gave me times of darkness and gloom too like the shadowy trees on the shore. 

From the scary darkness, the lake and trees appeared. When the sun rose, clouds broke apart. Gradually the entire sky brightened. God’s spectacular painting of pink and blue showed a marvelous display. His presence shouted to me. 

His creation reminded me that from the darkness comes light. He controls the universe including the tiny details of my life. Each day I can choose to focus on the gloominess or the magnificent beauty of the sunrise. 

I am so thankful for all of the gifts in His creation. Each one gives hope. They distract me from concerns. A smile replaces tears. Encouragement fills my heart.

The Eternal is my light amidst darkness and my rescue in times of trouble. So whom shall I fear?  Psalm 27:1 (The Voice)

Creator, thank you for your wonderful creation which enfolds and teaches your children. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment