Friday, December 6, 2013

Looking for God


From my front row seat on the patio, I waited. For days I had hoped for a glorious sunrise but only saw a cloud shrouded sky.

During my quiet time, I longed for a welcoming display of color. A magnificent show of God’s glory. But all I saw were gray clouds.

Then I noticed birds trilling a morning song. The mirrored lake reflected a lovely, muted picture. Delicate purple blooms peeked into the porch. Feathery cypress trees formed giant Christmas trees. 

Suddenly rain swept across the lake in sheets. Patterns formed on the water. Even in the gloomy morning, God appeared. 

With Alan’s quick decline in health and mother’s long, slow one, I wondered about God’s plan. What does he want us to learn? What are we to share? Even though I can’t figure it all out, I can look for him in each situation. I would rather have the sunshine, but I can also rejoice in the rain.

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 With every sun’s rising surprise us with Your love, satisfy us with Your kindness. Then we will sing with joy and celebrate every day we are alive. (The Voice)


Heavenly Father, hold us close when we face trials. Help us see you every day even in the rain. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment