Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Hearing the Voice


Nevertheless, I am continually with You: You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel and afterward receive me to glory.

Psalm 73:23-24 (NKJV)

A curtain of black covered my patio. A variety of sounds pierced the blackness. Crickets hummed. A small plane nearby slowly disappeared. Leaves rustled. 

            Although I saw nothing beyond my lanai, when I listened intently, I recognized some of the familiar sounds.  

            Did I hear raindrops? Was a squirrel scampering through the oak tree? In the darkness, I wasn’t sure. 

As night turned to day, light illuminated the sky and peeked through the trees. 

Trees swayed. A plane twinkled in the emerging sky. Birds flew across the lake. I could see and not just imagine what was there. 

In my busy life, how often do I hear God? Do I focus on the Holy Spirit so that I am confident of what I hear? Or do I only notice Him when I can see the creation He has made? How often do I miss Him? 

When I read the Bible and pray regularly, my mind and heart are more open to how God is working in my life. The nudge from the Holy Spirit is more apparent to me. His guidance instructs me. 

Loving Father, be patient as we learn to listen and obey you each day. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment